Saturday 22nd April 2017
To promote Space for Cycling and the ‘Vote Bike‘ campaign, and to demonstrate local interest in cycling, a national series of campaign rides and events is planned for 22nd April.
We will be joining this in Oxfordshire, with a gathering outside County Hall in Oxford at 2pm.
There we will show our map of a proposed Strategic Cycling Network for Oxfordshire, and give candidates the opportunity to communicate their support for cycling to the assembled cyclists and media.
Please join us if you can at this event.
- Join one of the groups riding in from towns around the county.
- Bicester – TBD
- Eynsham/Farmoor/Botley – BikeSafe
- Faringdon – Farcycles
- Headington – Isis Cyclists will be bringing their regular women-only day ride to the event.
- Wallingford – CTC Wallingford
- Wantage – Cycling UK Wantage
- Witney – Windrush Bike Project
- Please contact Robin if you would like to add to the list.
- Or join at one of Oxford’s Park and Rides:
- Redbridge P&R via South Oxford cycle route (2 miles) Meet 1.15. Depart 1.30
- Seacourt (Botley) P&R (1.5 miles) Meet 1.15. Depart 1.30
- Water Eaton P&R (via North Oxford cycle route, 5 miles) Meet 1.00. Depart 1.15
- Pear Tree P&R (via Woodstock Road, 3.5 miles) Meet 1.00. Depart 1.15
- Thornhill P&R (via Headington and Broad Street, 4.5 miles) Meet 1.00. Depart 1.15
- Or just meet at outside County Hall at 2pm – you don’t even need to bring your bike.
If you can’t make it on the day, please email or ask your candidates whether they have signed up to support Space for Cycling.