We are a charitable incorporated organisation. Our aim is to get more people cycling, more often, and more safely, in and around Oxford. We are a campaigning organisation and the voice of cycling for Oxford area.
Our ambition over the next three years is:
a) Supporting and encouraging more people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to cycle
b) Being recognised for our advocacy on cycling infrastructure
c) Making Cyclox a household name in Oxford
Vision Zero Campaign Manager
Closing date: 4th September 2022
We launched a campaign called ‘Vision Zero Oxford’ in April after the deaths of four young women on their bikes in a two-year period, all at junctions, all in collision with large vehicles.
Vision Zero is an approach to road safety based on one central idea: that every death or serious injury on the road is preventable.
Safety is the issue that women in particular say puts them off cycling and this campaign will help overcome this and get more people cycling more safely and more often.
The campaign manager will act as project manager for the Vision Zero campaign, with the overall aim being to deliver Cyclox’s project plan for Vision Zero.
We are looking for a freelance campaign manager to support Cyclox in delivering our Vision Zero campaign. This is a fixed-term project initially for 6 months, with the likelihood of extension. The campaign manager will work as an independent contractor accountable to the Chair of Cyclox.
- Finalise the strategy for our Vision Zero campaign and two-year plan in liaison with the Vision Zero project group.
- Identify key partners across the city and county and ensure that they are engaged through regular contact and communications.
- Support local Cyclox members to undertake detailed assessments of each of the critical junctions in Oxford, creating designs to make them safer for people both cycling and walking.
- Manage volunteers willing to support the campaign.
- Any other tasks that are agreed as a priority.
- Living in or close to Oxford
- Ability to work flexibly from home, with access to a networked personal computer with office software
- Support the aims of Cyclox and of Vision Zero
- Excellent organisational skills and experience in project management
- Ability to work with external stakeholders and secure their support and input
- Writing skills, including good proofreading
- Awareness of data and document security and confidentiality
Rate and hours
Negotiable; but we are offering in the region of £20/hr for an average of 15 hours a week for the first 6 months on a freelance contract. We will review the contract at 6 months.
The contractor will report to the Chair of Cyclox, Alison Hill.
How to apply
Email your CV with a covering letter of no more than 200 words explaining your suitability for the role and reflecting the selection criteria above to Alison Hill firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th September.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide one supporting reference.
Interviews will be held on or around the 8th September.
If you want to know more, get in touch with Alison Hill: 07931 769484